Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions

1. Take comfort in the knowledge that apart from Him, nothing is possible, but with Him, anything is possible.

Phil e-mailed me over a blog post a while back that argued that a sensitivity to the voice of God was contingent upon the degree to which you feel He is absolutely vital to life in prayer and reading of His word. I need to get to this place.

I remember Jongmin once telling our church thatin response to a Muslim woman's questioning how many times he prays (Muslims pray a minimum of 5 times a day), he replied, "I pray without ceasing". This was then followed by laughter from the congregation, but I need to realize that praying without ceasing doesn't necessarily mean praying constantly every second of the day, but being in the presence of God at all times.

2. Be correctable and self-aware

Since when did being stubborn become a good thing. People admit to being stubborn as if it's some kind of merit badge that they can pull out whenever they feel is necessary. "I know I should, but I'm stubborn". "I know, but I'm stubborn". I'm not sure these people realize that inherent within those statements is the notion that they think they know better than anyone else what is best for them. "Being stubborn" just gives them an excuse to ignore any sort of criticism or correction. This my friends, is incredibly stupid. Be self-aware, know when correction is necessary and act accordingly. If you're anything like me, this is most of the time.

3. Take more risks knowing that this could potentially be the only time in my life that I can absorb the losses.

Self explanatory

No comments: